I realize extensively that I would not be able to live happily in Alaska. I have hated this two-week trend of single digit temperatures! It is so cold here right now, and I just shiver constantly. I wish I could wear the standard uniform of a jr. high student again; pj pants, slippers, and a blanket. It was such a big deal a few years back.
Despite the freezing weather, its been such an amazing weekend! I saw Natalie Cole sing with the Mo-Tab choir Friday night. Phenomenal. I love those Christmas concerts. The best thing about it is that it's a universal religious event. Someone says "Mo-Tab" and people automatically think it's strictly a "Mormon" gathering. But the thing that's great about these shows is that it's for anyone and everyone. The majority of the guest performers aren't LDS, and Christmas songs are sung from different cultures and different backgrounds. It's just an event for individuals to come together in the spirt of the holidays, and forget the conflicts of religion, politics, and war. I like that.
In other news, work party success? I think yes! After spending Saturday night with my co-workers, I see just how grateful I am for the job I have, and for the awesome people I work with. It was a blast getting to pull out my old prom dress for the evening. So many memories. As crazy as it sounds, I also loved getting lyrics at 2:30 pm and performing said lyrics at 7:40 pm. "In the first month of this year my true firm gave to me..." I will never hear "Hot N' Cold" by Katy Perry in the same way again, either. Love the C&J trio! We made fools of ourselves, but that's the best part about it. Great food, fabulous date for the evening (love you!), and amazing company & events = adoration.
And as per usual, I started the tradition by watching The Holiday this afternoon. Just the beginning to my marathon of time with Jude Law this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts!