12.07.2009

Actually, Alice Cullen could be my twin.

I am a brunette. And I am quite convinced that I will be staying that way for a while. Why you ask? Oh, just because I have had what seems like the entire color spectrum on my head. This would not be monumental under normal circumstances, however, I sampled the rainbow in the course of a week...

As mentioned in my previous post, I had Hayley Williams hair. And for all you non-believers that couldn't see the red in it, here's proof:


I spent Monday through Thursday of the Thanksgiving-Holiday-Week as a red head. And while there is nothing wrong with red hair, I just wasn't a fan. See, I went in to the salon thinking I would emerge with medium brown hair and honey highlights, but I left sporting a deep red with dark purple undertones. You read that correctly, I said purple. As shock consumed me, and tears welled in the brims of my eyes, I sucked it up, went to work, and decided I would make do until I could reverse what had been done. Turns out, that appointment didn't take place until 8 a.m. on "Black Friday." Six hours later, I left the salon. The story goes like this:
  • Attempt 1: Add brown and blonde highlights. Result: My hair turned ORANGE. And I had hints of a Ronald McDonald color. So basically, I looked like a freakin' sunset.
  • Attempt 2: Apply toner in an attempt to darken the newly placed highlights. Result: Ash colored hair with red patches.
By this time, I was so frustrated that I told my stylist to do whatever color would cover the red. I didn't care about highlights, I didn't care how dark it would be, I just did not want to see that mahogany color in my hair at all.
  • Attempt 3: Apply a shade called "Pecan" to my entire head of hair. By this time, my scalp was burning. Literally burning, to the point that I had to put a towel over my face to stop the stinging in my eyes. Result: Red & purple gone - and I became the twin of Alice Cullen.
Its been a week now, and my head still hurts from all of the chemicals. My hair was dyed 4 times in 5 days! Three of which being on the same date. I started out blonde, went red and purple, turned orange, experienced ash, and finally ended up with the dark brown shade I have now. It has honestly been a crazy ride just to arrive at a hair color called "Pecan." However, I am grateful that I don't still have sunset hair. And I am definitely so thankful for a stylist who spent 6 hours trying to fix the mistake of the previous (different) one. Thank you, Janet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!