2.14.2011

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

So, I don't think that Valentine's Day is just a "greeting card" holiday, and I certainly don't agree when non-lovers bash it. Yes, it is true that we should appreciate those in our lives every day of the year, but what is so wrong with taking February 14th to remember why we love the people we do? As a society, we recognize Groundhog Day, St. Patrick's Day (another favorite...), and we take a whole 24+ hours to shop after Thanksgiving. I think a holiday in celebration of love is needed and should be relished in.


I suppose I'm a little defensive of this day because I spent the majority of mine listening to people complain about the stupidity of it. I love love. I love loving people. I love giving cards, and seeing flowers, and eating heart shaped cookies, and telling people how much they mean to me. I love the feeling you get when a handmade Valentine is given to you, I love seeing pink, red, and white everywhere, and I love caring about people enough to make a point of showing it.

So here's to Valentine's Day! And see? It can be fun no matter your current relationship status.
 I love my Gamma girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!