4.17.2011

Little Miss Kyleen.

I spent my Saturday night with this sweet baby. Meet Kyleen. She is the littlest member of our family, and I absolutely adore her. At just under five months, she has been through quite the ordeal. Born the day I went in for surgery, she entered the world with an umbilical chord wrapped around her neck, and bacterial meningitis infecting her tiny body. After several weeks in the ICU, she was finally able to go home connected to oxygen. Since then, she has improved dramatically, and is no doubt a miracle baby. Her immune system is still fragile, but she is finally out and about!

A cool fact about her: While our family was in Vegas last summer I somehow meshed her parent's names together. Aileen was just a few months pregnant at the time, and instead of referring to them as Kyle and Aileen, I called them Kyleen. We joked that it was their "celeb" name. Who needs Brangelina when you have Kyleen? It managed to stick, and I now get to have this beautiful girl in my life! Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!