4.03.2011

A very animated conference weekend.

Besides General Conference this past weekend, I reverted back to a childlike state by watching:


Seriously, I think animated movies are the best. I love how cute they are, and I love happy endings. Stories like these remind me of being a kid, and it's a great feeling to be carefree again. There was this darling little girl sitting next to me in the theater during HOP, and every time something good happened, she started clapping. Does it get any better than that?! Adore it.

Considering my childhood theme this weekend, it's amazing that I didn't play bingo while watching General Conference. Yes, I can be an adult and actually listen and ponder. It's incredible how so many talks seem to hit home personally. I try my best to be a good person - an example, but I need to do better and improve some aspects of my life. I need to be better at forgiveness, at forgiving myself, and as Elder Packer said, I need to leave it alone. So many things in my life right now are less than ideal, and I have a tendency to stress about them, and let them consume me with worry or frustration. I hold grudges against a couple people who have hurt me deeply. I'm not proud of it, and it's something I need to work on.

I really liked Elder Cook's discussion about women and their importance in this world. (Watch it here.) Is it not an amazing responsibility to be a woman? I love being able to naturally have compassion and the ability to nurture those who are in need. I'm grateful for the opportunity to connect with my emotional side, and for the deep understanding of feelings that I've been blessed with. 

Everything about conference was spectacular to me. I didn't get to see every session, (I have some catching up to do on lds.org), but I learned some things that I needed to. I know that our leaders are appointed for a reason, and I know that President Monson is a true prophet. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows of my trials. I know I'm not alone even when it may seem like I am. And, last but not least, I know that I'm given the challenges I have so I can grow and overcome them. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and it's great to be part of a religion that encourages faith even when knowledge may not be understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!