6.19.2011

Birds, Babies & Beauty.

You know those weekends where cool stuff happens? Yep, it was one of those weekends.

Started off with a bang. Mom and I spent some time at Gateway for the annual chalk festival.
The talent of those artists never fails to stun me. Have you seen Harry Potter? My word.
After an hour and a half in Anthropologie, I emerged with items that may have totaled above $300.
Note to readers: Don't let me go into that store. Ever. I lose control.
Some yummy pizza at CPK, a chat with a musician I happen to know,
and we headed home for some Leno.

Scott, Aileen, Kyleen and I went on a random drive up to Ogden Canyon with a stop at Snowbasin.

Found fake animals we were excited about, and an American flag.

Aileen photographed me and my giant mosquito bite (seriously, huuuuge), 
while I captured images of the beautiful scenery.

Ky Ky enjoyed the trip and was all smiles until the drive home. 
Life is exhausting when you're 6 months old!

After the Ogden adventure, it was off to one of the last Gamma exchanges.
Watched some fire dancers in a park, had some watermelon, chatted with the girls.
9:00 rolls around and I'm off to the Townsend's where Maddie and I played with this little guy:


Yes, this is a baby falcon. And yes, he belongs to my friend. And yes, we're getting to be on good terms.


Slowly, at least.

This weekend concluded with a visit to Janet's to see the bird nest on her front porch!
The cutest baby finches were born there and have taken residence behind a twig wreath.
Absolutely darling. I love birds.

2 comments:

  1. the chalk festival! i went last year and loved it. so bummed i missed it this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your photo's! sounds like an epic day ;) i wish i was talented like some of the artwork shown at the chalk festival. its amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!