2.11.2010

Manicures are NOT for guitar players.

Today was joyous. Or, should I say yesterday was joyous, considering it's nearly 2 a.m. My guitar and I have been inseparable, and I finally feel that I am back at the root of why I do what I do in the first place. I was at work and I was so anxious to come home and write that I almost started shaking. It's the most incredible feeling to have that much passion running through your blood stream.


My fingernails look absolutely disgusting at the moment, and there really isn't much I can do to fix their appearance. They're short, but haggard from steel strings. When I was little, I was obsessed with painting my nails, and I would draw intricate designs on them with toothpicks and thin make-up brushes. Now days, painting them with anything other than clear polish is unheard of. Sometimes I don't even try and apply that. There's honestly no point in bothering with frequent manicures when you play a guitar. Really, it just gets ruined, chipped, peeled, or cracked. So please don't think my calloused fingertips, and plain fingernails are disgusting, okay? Doesn't that just sound attractive...

{image credit}

2 comments:

  1. Psh I don't even put on clear polish. I'm far too lazy to ever fix it when it chips, so why bother?
    Besides, some guy is going to think that's totally hot one day. I bet you anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that feeling. and i luv it too! it's thrilling! i don't play any instruments though. Mine is poetry and blogging. :) But i usually never get to it in time. :( But i absolutely luv it and miss it! i'm so jealous you can make such gorgeous music out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!