9.09.2010

Change... you can believe in?

So. Here's a little fact you may or may not know about me. Change is not exactly my best friend. Invited change, sure. But the kind that shows up on your doorstep invading as a house guest for x amount of time? Not so much. However, the latter seems to be how it rolls, and it comes knocking. Since I'm the best blogger in the world, here's a snippet of the change that has found it's way into my life:

A) I was accepted and enrolled at a little known place called the University of Utah. After freaking out, then becoming stoked, and then freaking out again...it didn't work out as I had planned. Well, at least not for this semester. See you in January, college? Let us cross our fingers.

B) Rush week was exhilarating and exhausting. I love the great girls I met. It's intriguing what people will say when they're trying to get you to join their chapter. "We're so diverse. Drama free. Laid-back. We dance in aisles. Boys love us. What color is your toothbrush? We just have so much fun!" I personally have no issue with physical contact, but when I've just met you and you're close enough to spit on me when you talk? I'm going to feel a little skeptical. To wrap it up, I ended up in Gamma. Spit free! :) I feel like I belong there, and I love everyone I've met so far. Fabulous group of girls, if I do say so myself.

C) I miss China Friend (a.k.a. super amazing best friend who moved to China to teach English until December). I'm so used to driving and being at her house in 5 minutes! She is having a phenomenal time and it makes me so happy. But, I still miss her.

D) Doubt, doubt, doubt. I'm working on not internalizing you. Good thing I'm a writer, otherwise I would most likely combust.

E) My musical family has a new addition! A gorgeous Fender Acoustic-Electric has joined the crew. I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!