This is all part of my new healthy body challenge. I'm making a point to get back to my habits that I had last year before my surgery. Because I lost my gallbladder, I could only eat certain foods during my recovery (some not so healthy, think mac & cheese...), and I was physically unable to work out for quite a while. I want to go back to feeling energized and strong, plus with swimsuit season approaching, it's time to get ready for my cute blue bikini. Now that I have 4 noticeable scars on my stomach, the best way to cosmetically combat them is to have a healthy, rockin' body. As is with all lifestyle changes, it will be a step-by-step effort, but so far the sugar is gone and week one is conquered!
In the meantime, I was craving pancakes this weekend. Apparently I got spatula happy because I made about 18 of them. Don't worry, I ate 2 and the family chowed down on the rest. The best part? They were low-cal, heart healthy flapjacks!
2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
1 1/3 cups of skim or non-fat milk
1 whole egg, 1 egg white
Simple, right? Add some sugar-free maple syrup (I'm serious when I said I cut out sugar), and you're set. They're just as good, and you can't tell the difference!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts!