5.02.2011

Dear April.

I learned:

  • Trying new food can pay off. Yes Hummus, we are still best friends.
  • I am obsessed with black shatter nail polish. Obsessed. If you haven't heard of it, click here.
  • Friends getting engaged? Love it. Two friends getting engaged to each other? Cutest thing I've ever seen. So happy for the future Mr. and Mrs. Bengtzen! Keeping that secret for a few days was difficult...
  • I struggle deciding what I want to do with my life. I'm like the little kid in the Toys "R" Us store who takes six hours deciding on one toy. But the thing is, I know the general direction I need to go. I'm terrified of not having a backup plan if what I want fails, but taking the time to work on said backup plan deters me from giving my ideal career a shot. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I didn't try, but resources to bail me out if it doesn't work? Nada. So do I give up seriously pursuing my passion and settle into school for a career I could grow to like? Or do I go for what I love and end up screwed if it doesn't work? Welcome to my daily internal debate, enjoy your stay.
  • There is nothing sweeter than cuddling with a baby. Melts my heart.
  • There is nothing sweeter than cuddling. Period.
  • While I've always know this, I refuse to be second choice. If you didn't realize what you had the first time, don't come crawling back. Not going to work. Also, don't leave me hanging while you attempt to date others to see if you like someone more than me. That won't work either. Just FYI.
  • While I occasionally like huge parties and lots of people, I find that I'm happiest when I spend time with small groups of friends. 1-4 people is best. It's important for me to feel like I've actually connected with you about something. 
  • Small "hole-in-the-wall" breakfast/lunch/dessert places are my favorite.
  • Isn't it great when you plan things and others-who didn't really contribute-step up at the last second to take over completely and make it look like you did nothing? Sure do appreciate that.
  • Here's the interesting this about boys: Just when you decide you're going to stay single for a while, they come around. All of a sudden, the whole world likes you and wants to be with you. (Insert a whole bunch of awkward situations here.)
  • Furthermore, the whole world decides to kiss you and confuse you.
  • More rad songs born from that little muse inside me and a Fender guitar, who may or may not end up being named "Rosewood."


This month I experienced an addiction to the above song. Listened to "Arms" about 50 million times.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this is a good time to have a party at Top It to discuss all these significant events. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!