Someone I know had to put her dog to sleep last night, and my heart broke as I watched her leave with tears in her eyes. Knowing she was on her way to say goodbye to her companion of 12 years made me remember the night I lost Princeton. Life isn't always fair, and I recall clearly the turmoil I felt while trying to make a decision that would inevitably end up with me losing one of the best things I had. I know I made the right choice by sparing him from the excruciating pain he would have otherwise endured within 24 hours, but I cannot think about that night without my eyes stinging and knots forming in my stomach. I am forever indebted to Dr. Morgan and everyone at Central Valley Veterinary for their incredible dedication and love. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.
Its been almost 2 years, and while I miss him everyday, I am blessed to have had him for the time I did. My dog fought so hard and for so long, and while it may not make sense, I know without a doubt that he fought to stay with me. He taught me so many things, and words will never be able to express how grateful I am that he was meant to be a part of my life. I love and miss you little guy. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your thoughts!